Location: Multiple, undetermined worksites throughout the U.S.
- Design and development of automotive upper-body BIW (Body-in-White) components using CATIA V5.
- Design the components by making sure that cost, weight and reliability targets are per automotive standards and project requirements.
- Create highly complex 3D CAD models, master sections, and manufacturing drawings for various components.
- Package the designed component, making sure it fits to all surrounding assemblies and components.
- Perform quality checks, engineering cost analyses and calculations, and feasibility studies of components.
- Modify supplier model/drawings per OEM standards and conduct design reviews with stakeholders.
- Create product structure and data integration in the PLM system.
- Troubleshoot issues reported by prototype manufacturing teams.
- Interact and provide technical support to component suppliers.
- Identify areas of process improvement to enhance productivity and quality of design deliverables.
- Three* (3) years in the position above, as a Project Engineer, Design Engineer, or in a related automotive engineering role
- BIW design of automotive components using CATIA V5, including Generative Shape Design and Assembly Workbench.
- Automotive product design processes, including BIW assembly procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Sheetmetal manufacturing processes, including stamping, forming, and joining.
- Bachelor* – Mechanical Engineering or a related field of study;
*Will accept equivalent foreign degree; diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology and four (4) years of relevant experience; any fully equivalent combination of relevant education, training, and/or experience.